Friday, September 1, 2017

What is the Truth?

Friday, September 1, 2017

We get information hurled at us from all directions: 
   radio
   television
   advertisements 
   news outlets
   water cooler
   church
   school 
   friends/family
   social media

When I was a young girl I remember thinking how sad it was that people in other countries were fed propaganda. I was so glad I lived in a country that was full of truth. 

I've grown up a bit. I still love our country, but I recognize that our information is sometimes skewed to represent a particular political or advertising slant. It is so hard to get straight up facts anymore. 

What is truth? 
Where does it come from? 
Do we really need it? 
Can we live without it?

I would like to suggest that Jesus is the Truth. As the son of God, he was the only man without sin. His teachings, presented as the inspired Word of God, are found throughout the New Testament. 
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
John‬ ‭8:32‬ ‭NIV‬‬
If we believe in Him, not only do we have truth, but we also have freedom. 
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
John‬ ‭8:36‬ ‭NIV‬‬
So what are we free from? 
. . .because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Romans‬ ‭8:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Because of the truth of Jesus Christ, we are free from untruth. Free from the author of lies. Free from his grasp. Free to experience truth forever with the Father in heaven. 

I don't know about you, but I can't live without Truth. 



No comments:

Post a Comment