Monday, September 18, 2017

Bucket lists

Monday, September 18, 2017

Do you know the origin of the "bucket list?" I don't know exactly how accurate this is, but according to the Internet, here is a possibility. 
  • a list of things to do before you die, or "kick the bucket"
  • "kicking the bucket" might refer to hanging oneself by first standing on a bucket 
Ew!

Now that we have that mental picture, do you have a bucket list? Are you living your life to the fullest and seizing the opportunities to do fun and meaningful things? 

My husband has had a few things on his list that we've been able to cross off. And, of course, they have all had something to do with sports! 
  • see the Giants at Candlestick Park
  • go to Canton, Ohio (NFL Hall of Fame)
  • go to Cooperstown, NY (Baseball Hall of Fame)
  • see the Packers at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI
  • see the Giants in Spring Training in Scottsdale, AZ
I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now. 

I think most of my bucket list items have had to do with travel. 
  • I've been to all but 2 of our United States
  • I've been to 5 of 7 continents
  • I've been on 7 international mission trips
One day I hope to get to Australia and Antarctica. I think that would be so cool. 

But of all the places we've gone and the things we've done over the years, the one place I truly want to be is in the center of God's will. Period. I am never happy when I am outside of  it. And I am at peace when I am in the middle of it. 

That means relinquishing control of my life to my Lord. It means listening for His direction. It means trusting Him at all times. 

Lord, help us think of really cool things to put on our bucket lists and to thoroughly enjoy pursuing those goals. But whether we are on an adventure or just sitting on the back porch, help us to put you first in all things



No comments:

Post a Comment