Saturday, September 9, 2017

Blessed to give

Saturday September 9, 2017
“In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”
Acts‬ ‭20:35‬ ‭NIV‬‬
I had the great privilege of sitting with some fine people at the Pregnancy Help Center banquet on Thursday night. It was a lovely evening. 

I enjoyed hearing from several women who had been impacted by the center this year. It took a lot of courage for them to stand up in front of all those people and share their stories. I was really proud of them. 

I was reminded of two things at this year's banquet. 

(1) Not only does the PHC function to help women chose life for their unborn children, but it also supports families who have chosen to serve through adoption or foster care. 

(2) The PHC doesn't just hand supplies or services out the door for nothing. The recipients have to give them something in return -- usually time. I wish our state and federal agencies operated that way. 

Our PHC does a great job in our community. This is a great organization through which we can care for our innocents. 

Lord, help us be ever mindful of those less fortunate and to give out of our surplus to help them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment