Tuesday, September 26, 2017

It's Almost Christmas!

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Every month when the 25th rolls around -- like yesterday -- I always make a comment at work to anyone who happens to be in ear shot. 
"Today is the 25th. You know what that means don't you? Christmas will be here before you know it."
It never fails. The response I get always involves some form of groaning and the emphatic plea of, "Don't say that!"

I admit that I only make this statement to see what kind of response I'll get. It's pretty fun. 

But really, y'all, it's only three months away! Soon we will be caught up in all the baking and buying and the activities of the Christmas season (and hopefully we'll get a little snow thrown in there, too). 

Do you look forward to it?
Do you dread it?
What can we do to make this year's celebration more enjoyable?
  • Focus on the Lord. He's the whole reason we celebrate, after all. 
  • Play Christmas music. My husband will start this the week of Thanksgiving!
  • Shop early but don't spend a fortune. Very few of us really need all the stuff we purchase anyway. 
  • Spend time with the people you love. 
  • Avoid the locations that are particularly painful for the holidays. 
  • Focus on the Lord. 
I think my problem with Christmas is that it seems to sneak up on me and I come unglued because I can't get everything done that I want to do. I need to plan earlier. 

But most of all I need to guard against getting caught up in the trimmings. I need to Worship the baby King!



No comments:

Post a Comment