Thursday, September 21, 2017

Unconditional Love

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Many of you know that we have a new little puppy at our house -- Bennie "The Jet" Rodriguez. He's a long haired dapple dachshund. Cutest thing you've ever seen. And our Cassie has adjusted nicely to having a little brother around. 

There is just something about the wholehearted, unconditional love of a dog that steals my heart. I could be out of the room for five minutes or five hours and the babies would be over-the-top excited to see me. I love it. 

One day last week when I got home, Bennie and Cassie were waiting for me on the edge of my bed. As soon as they saw me, they got so excited I thought they were going to pop. They couldn't kiss my face enough or get close enough to me, wedging themselves between me and their sibling at every opportunity. It just warmed my heart. And it made me think. 

How do we respond to the presence of the Lord?
Are we excited?
Do we even acknowledge He's there?

Of all people, we should give God our love and respect. We should long to spend time with Him. He deserves that from us. 

But we should also recognize that the love  He has for us is not only heartfelt but it is totally unconditional. We don't deserve it at all. Yet He gives it freely, longing for us to have a good relationship with Him in return. 

Thank you, Lord, for loving us like you do. You are so wonderful. We really don't deserve your affection yet you shower us with blessings daily. 





No comments:

Post a Comment