Friday, August 25, 2017

The Prescription for our Nation (Part Two)

Friday, August 25, 2017

Yesterday I commented that I believe our nation is seriously ill. I believe that 2 Chronicles 7:14 is God's prescription for bringing us back to health.
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  2 Chronicles‬ ‭7:14‬
Yesterday we looked at the burden that believers bear in this prescriptive process. We have to humble ourselves, pray, seek His will, and confess any sin in our lives. At that point God will act to heal us. (See yesterday's post for details on the first part of this verse. Today we will look at God's response to us.)

THEN. . .
(1) I will hear them
"Cornelius, God has heard your prayer. . . " Acts‬ ‭10:31‬
"For you, God, have heard my vows. . . ." Psalm‬ ‭61:5‬
"'Because your heart was responsive and you humbled yourself before God. . . , I have heard you,' declares the Lord.” ‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭34:27‬
"God heard Manoah. . . .” Judges‬ ‭13:9‬
"Then we cried out to the Lord. . . ,  and the Lord heard our voice. . . . "‭‭ Deuteronomy‬ ‭26:7‬

If we do what He has required of us, He WILL hear us. 

(2) I will forgive their sins
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins. . . .”‭‭ 1 John‬ ‭1:9‬
“. . . He who promised is faithful.” Hebrews‬ ‭10:23‬
“Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” Colossians‬ ‭3:13‬
"You forgave the guilt of my sin.” Psalm‬ ‭32:5‬ ‭

God has shown His mercy toward us over and over and over again. He longs to hear our confessions because He wants to repair our relationships with Him. 

(3) I will heal their land
"I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security." Jeremiah‬ ‭33:6‬ 
". . . I will restore them to the land I gave their ancestors.”‭‭ Jeremiah‬ ‭16:15‬
"And the Lord heard Hezekiah and healed the people." ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭30:20‬ 
"Then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.”‭‭ Acts‬ ‭4:10‬

I don't think there's anybody as disappointed in the condition of our country as God himself. I also think He will continue to let us spiral out of control as long as we try to do things on our own. 

Lord, bring us to our knees. Heal our hearts and our land. 



No comments:

Post a Comment