Monday, August 7, 2017

In God I Trust

Monday, August 8, 2017

In God, whose word I praise— 
in God I trust and am not afraid. 
What can mere mortals do to me?
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭56:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

David wrote this psalm after he had been seized by the Philistines. Surely he was concerned about bodily harm from his ruthless adversaries.  But it sure doesn't sound like it. 

In God I trust. 
I see two reasons here to trust God. 
(1) I trust His word, the Scripture. I trust Him because He has proven that He is Trustworthy.  Every time in Scripture when He made a promise, He kept His word. 
He promised He would provide for me and He has. 
He promised He would never leave me and He hasn't. 
He promised He would never let me experience more than I can bear and He's been true to His word. 
He promised He will come get me one day and take me to heaven and I'm confident that He will. 
(2) I trust His Word, Jesus Christ. 

I am not afraid. 
What is there to fear? Death? I don't think so. 
The future? What is there to fear? Disease? He would guide me through it. Catastrophe? He would give me strength. Financial ruin? He cares for the flowers so why wouldn't Je care for me? 
Nope. I'm not afraid. 

What can humans do to me? Words can hurt me emotionally. Physical abuse can cause destruction. But no one can take me away from my eternity with the Lord. 

I trust Him. 






No comments:

Post a Comment