Monday, August 14, 2017

I truly couldn't care less!

Monday, August 14, 2017

I work with some pretty interesting people. They are intelligent, hard-working folks who make our team incredible. In my opinion, we work very well together. 

Do you know the one thing that has never crossed my mind about our team or about the people we serve? Prejudice. 

I can honestly say that our service is the same whether we are dealing with someone who speaks Spanish or Swahili or English -- whether they are Christian or Mormon or Buddhist -- whether they are Caucasian or Hispanic or of African descent -- or whether they have a high or low IQ.  It just really doesn't matter. 

So I can't understand why people get all bent out of shape about race or religion or anything else. I live in the United States of America. I expect my fellow Americans to accept and love each other no matter what. No matter what. 

And if we disagree about something, let's sit down and talk about it. Don't run over me with a vehicle or blow my brains out. Let's agree to disagree and move on with our lives. 

Jesus was the best example of acceptance, don't you think? He befriended tax collectors and Pharisees -- neither of whom were particularly liked or trusted in that day. He welcomed pesky little children who were viewed more as a possession than as a full-fledged human. He even protected and included women in His ministry -- that was unheard of. He was pretty radical.  

Acceptance shouldn't be radical. It should be natural. But that depends on us. 

Lord, help us to be blind about the differences we have with each other. Help us to accept each other for who we are -- precious in your sight. 




No comments:

Post a Comment