Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Do I have a voice?

August 15, 2017
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. 
Declaration of Independence
July 4, 1776
America today cries that it wants to be a nation of acceptance and diversity. If we truly are created equal as our Declaration of Independence states, then we should accept one another just because He created us. Period. It shouldn't matter what our national heritage, primary language, sexual orientation or religious preferences. 

Unless you're a straight, English-speaking, Caucasian Christian and then no matter what you do or say, you're labeled as racist, intolerant, and far from diverse. 

I don't get it. 

What is happening to our nation? How can we stop this craziness?

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭NIV‬
God's people must 
(1) humble ourselves
(2) pray
(3) seek His face
(4) turn from our wicked ways. 

Then God will
(1) hear us
(2) forgive our sin
(3) heal our land. 

Oh, Lord, how I grieve over the state we find ourselves in today. Forgive us for coming up with excuses for doing whatever we want and not paying any attention to your precepts. Give us the courage to stand up for what is right in Your eyes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment