Monday, August 28, 2017

Love in Action

Monday, August 28, 2017
Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
‭1 John‬ ‭3:18‬ ‭
Does this Scripture mean that we are not to verbally express our love for one another? I hope not. I need to hear my family say that they love me. And I need to tell them how much I love them, as well. I also want to tell my dear friends that I love them. It just seems natural. 

But if we say we love someone and then turn around and treat them like dirt, then our words are pretty empty. We must back up what we say by the things that we do. 

So do our "actions speak louder than words?"

Well, sometimes. According to I John 3:18, our actions are critical. We must tell the truth in our actions and clearly depict our love through them. 

Lord, help us be honest in our actions and in our speech. Help us show the world Your love for them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment