Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Hot Dog!

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

What has four very short legs, a disproportionately long back, is black, grey, white and brown, and full of energy? And a long waggly tail. And sharp tiny teeth? And stole my heart the moment I saw him?

You may have read about him on FaceBook already. He is an 8-week-old dapple dachshund named Benny the Jet. What a cutie pie! Bill and I gave him to each other for our 35th wedding anniversary. 

Now why on earth would we give each other a puppy for our anniversary? I don't know. It seemed like a good idea. Did you know that we were supposed to give each other something made of coral or jade? I can't really see that happening. So it might as well have been a puppy! 

So for the next 14-17 years, Bill and I will be celebrating our 35th anniversary. Sounds like a good way to stay young. 

Lord, thank you so much for gifting us to each other 35 years ago. We were made for each other -- truly! Help us to celebrate the life you give us and to return our energies for your service. 





No comments:

Post a Comment