Thursday, January 18, 2018

When Trust Is Lost

Thursday, January 18, 2018

TRUST
 - confidence in someone’s character, ability, reliability, commitment, strength, or truth (definition mine)

When I was a new driver I remember a rock hitting my windshield from a passing truck. The sudden noise scared me to death but it didn’t seem to do any damage to the glass — until a cold snap a couple of weeks later. I came outside one bitterly cold morning to find a series of spiderweb-like cracks all across my windshield. 

Life can be like that. One untruth might not crack our trust. But compounded with other bitter circumstances it can cause a huge mess.

Who has shattered your trust? How deep is the disappointment? Will you ever be able to trust again?

Let me encourage you to consider one very important angle regarding trust. God is holy. He will always live up to the promises He has made. He will never foresake you. He cannot lie to you. He is totally dependable. You can place your trust in Him above all others and He will not disappoint. 

Father, sometimes the pain from broken trust can be debilitating. Heal our wounds, Lord, and make us whole again. Give us the courage to trust you. For you are worthy of our trust. 


istockphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment