Monday, January 8, 2018

Magnolia Blossoms: Past and Future

Monday, January 8, 2017

Did you know?
  • I have been blogging every day (except maybe 5) since August of 2016?
  • I have 40 official "followers" on my blog site. 
  • I publish a Scripture memory verse every Sunday. 
  • My mother had a blog. 
  • I started my blog as sort of an outlet to help me adjust to life without my mother. 
  • Because of mother's previous writings for her churches, I have enough Easter and Christmas devotional material to last for about 4 years. 
  • Magnolia Blossoms is the name of my children's book I wrote a few years ago. It relates the story of a dog displaced to Kentucky from the Mississippi gulf coast by hurricane Katrina. 
What are my plans for my blog in 2018?
  • Continue to publish a weekly Scripture memory verse. 
  • Continue to write about things that inspire me. 
  • Incorporate writings from guests. So far  6 of my friends have written something for me to post. I’d like to publish something every Saturday from a guest blogger. If you’re interested in submitting something for me to use, let me know. 
I’m also toying with the idea of posting some of the journal entries written by my dog, Maggie. Interestingly Cassie found Maggie’s journal not long after she arrived at our house and she has taken up where Maggie left off. So it might be a little interesting to publish some insight about our family from a canine perspective. I’m not sure Benny knows how to write yet because he’s still a pup. But I’m sure he’ll figure it out one day. 

Thank you for reading my blog. If you like it, share it. If you have a comment about it, let us all hear it. If you have any suggestions, I’d like to know. 

We’ll see how much longer I can keep this up. Will I one day just run out of words? (I’m sure Bill probably thinks that is highly doubtful!)

Father, I consider it a blessing to have been able to share my thoughts with the world — many of them have been Yours. I look forward to the ideas You will give me in 2018 and I pray that You will be blessed by my efforts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment