Thursday, January 11, 2018

Check Your Power Source

Thursday, January 11, 2018

“I am the vine; you are the branches. 
If you remain in me and I in you, 
you will bear much fruit; 
apart from me you can do nothing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

You may have seen my FaceBook post yesterday. I went into my bathroom to get ready for work and when I reached for my hair straightener, this is what I found. 

I was shocked! (Not as shocked as my puppy would have been if the thing had been plugged in!) 

When I got to church tonight, one of the women laughed and said, “I know why you’ve got your hair in a ponytail!” Clearly she had read my post. 

That puppy. 

I started thinking about that electrical cord. If it can’t get power to the straightener then it’s pretty useless. 

Here are a couple of Scriptures that deal with this very thing. 
  • John 15:5 says that if I’m detached from Jesus, the power source, I’m useless. 
  • I Corinthians 12:12-31 describes the body of Christ, the Church, as being composed of many body parts. A hand separated from the body is pretty useless. 
It is up to us to remain plugged in to Christ through the reading of Scripture, fellowshipping with other believers, and praying. He wants us to be powerful and fruitful. But it is largely up to us to take the first steps of faith and trust before His Holy Spirit can actually work in us or through us. 

Where is your power source? Are you protecting it from sneaky little critters that might otherwise demolish it?

Lord, unlike the cord to my straightener that is totally dependent on external sources to keep it safe from little teeth, I have the responsibility for protecting my connection to You. Help me to do that. I want to be a useful tool for Your kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment