Saturday, January 13, 2018

Excerpt from Maggie’s Journal 2012

Saturday, January 13, 2018
written by Maggie 

May 2013 2012

When I first started writing, I had just arrived at my forever home. I was so scared and confused. I didn’t know what was going on, really. Little by little I began to realize that my  smoothskins were going to take really good care of me and that my new buddy, Toby, would be my friend for life. I slowly began to blossom in my new surroundings and grew to be a trusted and loyal member of the family.

Which brings me to today. After taking a bit of a break, I’m ready to start writing again. Life is so good. 

One of my boys has moved out of our house. He comes by sometimes and brings his little family with him. They intimidate me a bit but I think it’s just because the little ones are so — little. I’m sure I’ll get used to them. 

My other boy is in and out a lot. I hear words like “college” and “grades” and “Deans’s list” but I have no idea what that all means. I just know that every once in awhile he picks me up and cradles me in his forearms and I REALLY don’t like it. I get stiff as a board to try to make it harder for him to hold me like that but it never seems to matter. He’s gentle enough and I’m pretty sure he thinks it’s funny. I just don’t like it. It reminds me of something in my past but I can’t quite put my paw on it. 

Then there’s the girl. She’s growing up. I remember when I used to climb in the beanbag chair with her and her friends. I don’t think we would all fit now. 

My Hairless is constant as the day is long. He laughs a lot and plays with the girl. He pats me on the top of my head and I really like having him around. 

My Alpha is busy as always. But she still seems to find time to give me love and attention. Nobody holds my face and rubs my back like she does. I look back on that first day when she came to rescue me. Letting her have me was the best decision I ever made! 

I look forward to chronicling again about my family. Perhaps when I’m gone and a new pup comes along, they will pick up where I leave off. 





No comments:

Post a Comment