Monday, May 15, 2017

Who Am I?

Who Am I?
Monday, May 15, 2017

Have you ever asked yourself this question? We are going to spend a day or two looking at it. Let’s see where our question takes us.

I started thinking about this on Sunday so I’m going to start by looking at who I am based on genealogy.

Granddaughter:
Sam and Edith Nave and John and Louise Clement lived in the mountains of North Carolina. They raised my daddy and my mother and were wonderful grandparents.

Daughter:
Wallace and Pat Nave had three daughters. I can share countless stories of my childhood and young adult years with my family. Genetics does play a part in determining who I am. But environment during the formative years is also important. And mine was wonderful.

Sister:
Lynne and Rachel paved the way for me, their baby sister. Together we have made some beautiful music and will always be the best of friends.

Mother:
Will, Patrick, and Lizzie call me mom. They definitely help to define me. I have given them 30 years of my life and they have completed my life in many ways.

Grandmother:
Emily and Dakota are very special to me. I am so blessed to be able to spend time with them. And I love to hear them say, "I love you, Grammy."

Family helps to tell me who I am both because of genetics and environment. I wear several hats in the family model and I’m fine with that.


Lord, thank you for my family – past, present, and future. Thank you for the ways You have taught me through them. Help me to be the best sister, mother, and grandmother that I can be. 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment