Monday, May 1, 2017

The Wind

Monday, May 1, 2017

What does it look like?
Does it really have a sound? Or is what I hear just its effect on the things it touches?
How far can it go?
Where does it come from?
I've never personally seen the wind. 
But does that mean it doesn't exist?
Of course not. 
I've seen it move things around. Like yesterday, for instance. 

Bill and I ate lunch outside and the wind was really active. It whipped all through the trees and made lots of racket. 
I spent some time at the dog park in the afternoon and enjoyed seeing little Zoey's ears get blown back by the wind. 
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.
‭‭John‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬
I've never seen the Holy Spirit. 
Does that mean he doesn't exist?
Of course not. 
He is absolutely everywhere. 
He moves quietly, subtly, and with calm.
He moves with power and decisiveness. 

He is the One who directed me in Sunday School yesterday when I was trying to decide how to explain something to my class. I considered using an illustration but He stopped me. I don't know why. But for some reason it was not the best thing to say at that time. So I moved past it and went on with the lesson. 

He is trustworthy. He will not lead us astray. 

Lord, thank you for giving us your Holy Spirit. We would be powerless without Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment