Saturday, May 20, 2017

I am free!

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Some of you may know that my sisters and I donated a few items of my daddy's to the Library of Congress today. It was such a special experience first to tour the grand building and then to present daddy's World War II keepsakes to them. It's hard to fathom that someone might benefit from these articles one day. 

Seeing the various war exhibits and donating daddy's papers has made me think about my freedom. 

 

Daddy was a sailor -- a signalman on a command ship in the Pacific arena during Workd War II. 

 
(Zoom in on this little photo and you'll see daddy demonstrating a letter of the alphabet using flags.)

He was involved in several conflicts which he listed in his journal. 

 

I must never forget the price people like my daddy paid for my freedom. Some of them didn't come home. In fact, daddy assisted with a burial at sea that was captured on film. How sobering. 

But I also must remember the freedom I have because of the death of my Jesus. I must never forget to thank Him. Nor should I take my spiritual (or physical) freedom for granted. Without Jesus and countless veterans, my life would be hopeless!

Thank you, Jesus. 
Thank you men and women of the armed forces.


No comments:

Post a Comment