Thursday, May 18, 2017

Who Am I?

Who Am I?
Thursday, May 18, 2017

In an effort to determine who I am we have looked at my genealogy, my marriage, and my profession. Today I want to look at who I am in the eyes of God.

I don't know about you but I feel like God formed me exactly the way he wanted me to be.
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
It stands to reason that since I am made in God's image, I must be pretty special in His eyes. 
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart....
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
How cool is this? He knew me before I even knew myself. And He liked what I was so he set me apart for something special. Of course I messed it all up because of my sinful nature. Scripture says he loves me anyway:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬
The Son of God took my sin upon himself and suffered through separation from God (hell) so I wouldn't have to. Why did He do that? According to the Romans passage, it is because of His love. Mind boggling!

But there's more. Not only did Christ purchase my freedom from hell with His own suffering and death, he adopted me into His family. 
So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.
Galatians‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬
My daughter's birth has helped me understand this. When her adoption was final, Judge Jennings reminded us that she was henceforth a Fort. Her birth certificate lists Bill as her father and me as her mother. The judge specifically emphasized the fact that she was officially a joint heir with her brothers regarding any inheritance.

That's me. I am officially an adopted daughter of God Almighty. And I am entitled to all privileges afforded to His legal heirs. My inheritance? Abundant life!

Can't get much better than that!

Stick with me. I've got one more post about this tomorrow. Until then, enjoy your day! God loves you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment