Monday, May 8, 2017

Laughter

Monday, May 8, 2017

I love to laugh -- loud and long and clear. 
I love to laugh. It's getting worse every year!

Do you recognize these lines from a song in Mary Poppins? It's a silly song because the more they laugh, the more they float along the ceiling! When they start thinking about sad things, they start sinking back down to earth. 

I personally think laughing is very important. And I love to do it. After mother moved in to our home, she said she loved to sit in her room or in the sunroom and to hear us giggling and laughing together in another room. Later she  paid us the ultimate compliment, saying she had laughed more since moving in with us than she had in a very long time. 

Yesterday afternoon I got to spend some time with my Bible Study group playing games at my house. There is one thing we do very well when we are together: laugh. 

So I started looking in the Bible for verses that reference laughter and I found this one. 
“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.”
Job‬ ‭8:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬
I guess I never really thought about the possibility that my laughter might actually come from God. I just figured it was my own. That makes it even that much cooler. 

Lord, you are the giver of laughter.  Thank you for blessing us with it. Help us to do it more and more -- and to rejoice in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment