Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Legacy of Goodness, Love, and Faithfulness

Tuesday, May 23, 2017
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭100:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
As I look back over the years, I can see many ways that God's hand has been on my life. He has blessed me beyond imagination. He has been so good to me and has shown me His unconditional love. 

He is faithful. God promised He would be with me until the end of time -- which is quite awhile! And I'm seeing that played out in my children

All three of my children have given their lives to the Lord. And God is showing me His goodness, love, and faithfulness now as He blesses my babies. 

Last fall God spared the life of my oldest son who became critically ill from pneumonia and sepsis. I think we all have a renewed sense of appreciation for life as a result. Today he is back to work and is doing well with his wife and children. 

My second son is thriving as a middle school teacher and coach. He and his wife are involved in Bible study together. He is a fine example for his students of what a man of God looks like. 

My youngest child just completed her freshman year at UK and did very well. But getting all As is not the only thing she has accomplished. She is in the process of learning that God wants to be involved in orchestrating everything in her life -- but she has to yield to Him. As a result, her new job at UK and her acceptance into nursing school all came at just the right time. 

God is good. He is love. And He is faithful. This was true for my grandparents, for my parents, for my sisters and me and our husbands, for our children, and for our grandchildren. 

Lord, thank you for being you and for spilling over onto me and my family. I look forward to how this will be evident for generations to come. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment