Thursday, September 1, 2016

What Does the Scripture Say We Should Do?
Dealing With Hurt Feelings

  • I Peter 3:9  Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
  • Matthew 5:11  Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
  • I Peter 4:14  If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.
  • Isaiah 51:7  Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have taken my instruction to heart: Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals or be terrified by their insults.
  • I Peter 2:23  When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate: when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.
  • II Timothy 1:7  God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.
  • Matthew 6:14  For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
  • Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your pathway straight.

Speaking from experience, it is really hard to do these things listed here. In fact, for ME to do it is impossible! Only by the power of the Holy Spirit can healing come from life's hurts. Only by trusting in HIM can I put one foot in front of the other and walk through the pain. With great consolation I know that I am not alone. For wherever I am, He is.

Lord, help me to submit to your Spirit when someone hurts my feelings. Help me put away the old selfish response and embrace your attitude of peace and love. 

2 comments:

  1. Hurt feelings are seen even in an infant. We seem to feel them deeply and cause them sometimes carelessly. An interesting topic for self-examination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful message♡
    Proverbs 3:5-6 has been my go to verse for about 14yrs. Another good one is John 15:18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. (When in conflict, step back and stick with the one who loves you unconditionally)

    ReplyDelete