Monday, September 26, 2016

He's in Critical Condition

Our life got a big slap in the face today when our son became critically ill out of the blue. 

We talked to him a couple of times yesterday and I thought he sounded like he had the flu. He went to get checked out. Temp 103. Flu swab negative. Chest X-ray negative. So they gave him ibuprofen and sent him home. Fever responded. 

This morning he passed out a couple of times at home so his wife took him back to the ER. 

6 hours later he had been transported via ambulance to a bigger hospital with double pneumonia, sepsis, and acute renal failure. We each said quick "good-byes" and just like that he was intubated and on a ventilator. 

The next time we were able to see him, he had a central line in his neck, an arterial line in his leg, 10 IVs running in, and the ventilator breathing for him. If that won't take your breath away (no pun intended) to see your healthy 29-year-old son like that, nothing will. 

So now what?
I just lost my mother. Am I gonna lose my son, too?
Well, I don't know. 
But I know the One who does know. 
And He loves my son a gazillion times more than I do. He died for him. 

Lord, Before his intubation, I placed Will in your hands because I trust you to hold him firmly there. If it is your will to take him home, I know that he will be so excited to see you! If it is your will to restore him back to us, I will be so excited to see those beautiful blue eyes again. But, Lord, not my will but yours be done. I trust you. 

19 comments:

  1. Oh what faith you have, and with a tearful heart, I am praying for Will and for you and Bill. May God bring complete healing to Will. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you, Bill and Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you all. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you all. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending our love and prayers, Patience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying. Keep trust our AWESOME, ALMIGHTY GOD!!! He holds the power and HE loves you all very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and your family!!

    LaDonna Miller

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patience: My prayers are with you!! I am so sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patience and Bill, just wrote a comment and lost it. Try again. Libba just shared uour news. Know that I am praying for you and with you.


    Frances Yoder

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggie from North DakotaSeptember 26, 2016 at 7:55 PM

    Dear Lord I pray you grant this family courage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. praying for healing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Continuing to pray here in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete