Saturday, September 10, 2016

New Series: "Hope"

If you've been following my posts, you've probably noticed that yesterday's blog was a little different from the others. After I finished up the "Hurt Feelings" series, I wanted to just write about whatever was on my mind. Yesterday I posted soon after supper so you got -- a recipe.

Today, however, I'd like to transition to a new series on hope. I think that makes perfect sense coming on the heals of hurt feelings since it is only by our faith in the Lord and our hope of heaven that we can make it through such difficulties.

So what is hope anyway? I would suggest that we might define it in at least 2 ways: as the world sees it and as the Bible portrays it.

Give me some examples as we get started.
What is hope?
How do you hear it used in everyday conversation?
How do you see it in light of Scripture?

1 comment:

  1. Hope is what I have when I think about a cure for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Hope is seeing my 4 grandkids make a commitment to the Lord. I do see it working in them. My hope (other than the cure for PAH) is that Jesus comes again before I have to open my hand basket store.

    ReplyDelete