Friday, September 16, 2016

Do You Have an Empty Tank?

What if your hope tank has all run dry?
What if you are empty of optimism altogether– can’t really feel any emotion? What if your head knows that you’ll be with the Father in the end but your heart can’t get past the agony of today. Then what do you do?

That’s when you put one foot in front of the other, as difficult as that is, and walk in what you know.
God is my Father – loving, caring, understanding, patient, kind.
He loves me more than I will ever understand.
He provides for my every need.
He will never leave me.
He surrounds me with majesty in His creation.
He is the author of peace.
I chose to have hope.
You are my hope.  

And eventually your heart catches up with your head and you start to feel the good things again.
The sparkle starts to come back to your eyes.
The pain in your innermost being starts to subside.
Putting one foot in front of the other becomes a little less deliberate.

And your worship of the LORD is full and natural and heartfelt and complete. Because He is greatly to be praised.
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty.
You are magnificent.
Your creativity and imagination are beyond my comprehension.
You are more wonderful than all of your creation.
You are beautiful – lovely.
You are compassionate and merciful.
You are love.
You are faithful and keep your promises.
You, alone, are worthy of praise.


“Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Patience.
    I needed this reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hope comes from knowing that no matter how far I stray from God, lose my joy, doubt that He cares for me, or any of the other discouraging moments that I might have in life, I know that I exist safely within His strong, loving hands. I am His and He is my hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hope comes from knowing that no matter how far I stray from God, lose my joy, doubt that He cares for me, or any of the other discouraging moments that I might have in life, I know that I exist safely within His strong, loving hands. I am His and He is my hope.

    ReplyDelete