Saturday, March 13, 2021

Twenty-second Day of Lent

 Saturday, March 13, 2021

Hallelujah!  He is risen!

A Lenten Devotional Guide

By Barbara Gilbert

 

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippinas 4:13 KJV

As a single mother working to support and raise three children, I often felt stressed, tired and alone. Because of my work schedule, I neglected my prayer life and church attendance.

I was finally jolted awake by the need of strength and hope. Upon opening my Bible to Philippians 4:10-20, I claimed God’s promise of strength for the journey. I have called on this passage often as my life has changed and evolved. God is good and faithful.

God is always in charge and can work great changes if we allow Him to work in our lives. Now I try to read my Bible every day and have some prayer time no matter how hectic or busy the day is. God is never too busy to hear from His children.

As we look for ways to improve our prayer life and follow our Lord’s teachings, let us read our Bibles more and try to set aside some time every day to spend in prayer and thanksgiving for the Lord’s goodness and mercy.

Dear Lord, continue to show us the way and give us the strength to live your word and do your work. Amen

Hallelujah! He is Risen!
prepared for First United Methodist Church of Homosassa, Florida
Spring 2011
compiled by Patience Nave, Christian Education Coordinator
reproduced and edited by Patience Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment