Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Thirteenth Day of Lent

 Wednesday March 3, 2021

Hallelujah!  He is risen!

A Lenten Devotional Guide

By Marilyn Kohler

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39 NIV

Whenever I hear a waltz, I am transported back in time. I am clad in the most elegant ball gown, dancing the night away at the King’s ball. It’s a lovely fantasy but it is just that. Fantasy. I have never learned how to dance.

The first time I read Romans 8:38 and 39, I felt exactly like I was listening to a waltz. My heart was dancing and I felt dressed in the Holy Spirit! But his was not a fantasy. It was real. What a wonderful thing to know that we can never be separated from God’s love.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for your never-failing love. We pray to be worthy of it. Amen.

Hallelujah! He is Risen!
prepared for First United Methodist Church of Homosassa, Florida
Spring 2011
compiled by Patience Nave, Christian Education Coordinator
reproduced and edited by Patience Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment