Thursday, March 4, 2021

Fourteenth Day of Lent

 Thursday, March 4, 2021

Hallelujah!  He is risen!

A Lenten Devotional Guide

By Clarence Kohler

To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his Glorious Presence without fault and with great joy….
Jude 24 

During this Lenten Season, it is good to look back and see what a difference Jesus Christ has made in our lives. I have been doing that – looking back and remembering.

I remember working long and hard so that I could provide for my family. In addition, I was starting a small business.

The business became successful, but I knew we would have to continue in it at least another five or six years in order to be ready for retirement. What I hadn’t figured seemed to happen overnight. My strength and health were suddenly gone, and I didn’t know what to do.

Then in the span of two or three weeks, by chance, or so I thought, two parties approached us about buying our business. I struggled over this opportunity but didn’t see how I could sell. After a couple of days, I finally understood the Lord was showing me a way out, and we sold the business.

Some time later I returned to church and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

What a joy to know we can always trust our Lord and God and lean on his understanding instead of our own!

Lord God Almighty, I give thanks that we can trust in you yesterday, today and forever. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Hallelujah! He is Risen!
prepared for First United Methodist Church of Homosassa, Florida
Spring 2011
compiled by Patience Nave, Christian Education Coordinator
reproduced and edited by Patience Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment