Monday, March 1, 2021

Eleventh Day of Lent

 Monday, March 1, 2021

Hallelujah!  He is risen!

A Lenten Devotional Guide

By Gene Lantz

For it is from God alone that you have your life through Christ Jesus. He showed us God’s plan of salvation; He was the one who made us acceptable to God; He made us pure and holy and gave himself to purchase our salvation. As it says in the Scriptures, “If anyone is going to boast, let him boast only of what the Lord has done.”
I Corinthians 1:30-21 LB

Does it really matter what we accomplish in life or who gets the credit? God reminds us that all our strength comes from him and all we need to do is ask for his help. It sounds so simple but for some reason man likes to solve his own problems.

During my teenage years, I remember two sayings that made lasting impressions that still guide my life today.

·       God’s gift to man is life, and what man does with life is man’s gift to God.
·    What would Jesus do? Today the kids wear this on their arms on little bracelets and around their necks on chains. Their version is W.W.J.D.  I don’t need a bracelet or a necklace. Somehow God wrote this on my heart.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for being there when I need you. What a privilege it is to be able to carry everything to you in prayer. Amen

Hallelujah! He is Risen!
prepared for First United Methodist Church of Homosassa, Florida
Spring 2011
compiled by Patience Nave, Christian Education Coordinator
reproduced and edited by Patience Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment