Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Twenty-fifth Day of Lent

 Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Hallelujah!  He is risen!
A Lenten Devotional Guide
By Jerry Cole

He gives power to the faith, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:29-31 RSV

When I’m weary or just plain “down,” this scripture lifts me up. The Lord knows my joys and my sorrows, and He cares. I must go to Him for my help. He will renew my strength so that I will not falter or faint.

The mother eagle nudges her young from the nest and it plummets toward the ground. But she is always there ready to catch it as it falls. She dives toward the ground, swoops beneath her chick and catches it on her strong wings. Then she flies high, lifting it to great heights and out of danger. She actually does this over and over until the little one realizes that its own wings will work and that it can soar on its own without the benefit of its mother’s wings.

My Lord is always there to lift me when I need him. Over and over he lifts me up because he understands that I need him all the time!

Dear Lord, thank you for caring and for always being there for me. Amen

Hallelujah! He is Risen!
prepared for First United Methodist Church of Homosassa, Florida
Spring 2011
compiled by Patience Nave, Christian Education Coordinator
reproduced and edited by Patience Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment