Saturday, April 14, 2018

What’s Your Story?

Saturday, April 14, 2018

I shared a bit about Will’s birth story yesterday. Bill went into a little more detail on his FaceBook post. Birthday’s are definitely worth celebrating. 

What about your spiritual re-birth? Do you celebrate it? 

I can’t tell you the exact date, but it was about this time of year when I was nine years old that I gave my life to Christ. 

One day at school I was unable to go outside to play for recess. I stayed in our classroom with a couple of other children. One of them was being disciplined for something — he had to clean all the desks. Well in my nine-year-old mind, his punishment didn’t quite fit the crime. He was getting off pretty easy. So I got out my crayons and marked heavily on my desk and said, “now let’s see you clean THAT off.” 

He and the other children were horrified at what I had done. And how mean it was. But they weren’t nearly as horrified as I was when I realized that our class was on its way back to our room. I was toast. 

I was so ashamed of what I had done. I was unkind. I was bad. And God used that to show me that I could have forgiveness because of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. A couple of days later I gave my life to Christ and accepted His forgiveness for being so bad. 

One thing lead to another and here I am 50 years later still amazed at how the Lord changed my life and how He has blessed me beyond measure. 

My birth story involves a desk, some crayons, and the innocent heart of a nine-year-old. What is your birth story? How has Christ changed you? How is He changing you now?

No comments:

Post a Comment