Saturday, April 7, 2018

Walks with Alpha

Saturday, April 6, 2018
by Maggie

June 2013

I like to go for walks with my smoothskins. Sometimes I have one of them and sometimes two. 

Since Oma has been here, she and I have taken several trips down the lane together. She likes to go to the end and just stand there for awhile. Sometimes I think she’s talking to Somebody. Sometimes I think she’s listening. I’m not sure. But she seems to like it. 

What is really entertaining is when my Buddy and the Muffin and I all go together with my Alpha. You should see her. The three of us are all tethered to her but somehow she doesn’t get tangled up. She switches a tether from one paw to the other in such a way that we all stay unencumbered. It’s pretty impressive. 

What’s funny, too, is what happens from the beginning of our trips to the end. We all start out clumped together going roughly the same pace — except for the Muffin and she is running up and back and to and fro just like a typical child.  But by the time we get back it’s a different story. The Muffin is trotting on ahead of us, ready to get wherever we’re going. I’m hanging with my Alpha, eager to stay by her side. And my Buddy is plodding along about 4 paces behind us with his tongue hanging out! Poor thing!

But no matter who goes with us, I just love strolling with my Alpha. She talks to me the whole time, telling me all kinds of things. I know she thinks I can understand her, and for the most part I feel like I do. Usually, though, I just go along with whatever she says. 

I love to hear her voice as she talks with me on these walks. It is soothing. Peaceful. Comforting. And she makes me feel very important. 



No comments:

Post a Comment