Tuesday, April 3, 2018

God Keeps His Promises

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

In our ALIVE Bible Study on Sunday morning we talked about how trustworthy God is. We looked at some Old Testament prophecies and how Jesus fulfilled them. As a result we concluded that we can trust God to do all the things He has promised us in His word. 

Interestingly it seems that we get caught up in the issues of the day and we forget about all the things God has promised for us who believe in Him. 

So I thought I would take a few days to talk about various ways that God keeps His promises. 

Today I want to look at something very practical and very ancient. (I like that. Don’t you? Very ancient!)
Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him: “I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you—the birds, the livestock and all the wild animals, all those that came out of the ark with you—every living creature on earth. I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭9:8-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬
God saw the destruction on the earth caused by the flood and He promised never to do that again. We see the reminder of His promise today in the form of a rainbow. We have peace in knowing that no matter what, we will never be wiped out by flood again. 

So the next time you see a glorious rainbow arching across the sky, remember the covenant God made with us. And remember it’s just one promise of a gazillion that we can bank on. 

LORD, thank you that according to Scripture the rainbow symbolizes an everlasting promise between you and the Earth. It is, in fact, an indication of the vast love you have for us. Thrill us with it so that we may never forget. 


huffingtonpost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment