Friday, April 13, 2018

Happy Birthday, Will

Friday, April 13, 2018

Every year on our children’s birthdays, I tell their birth story at dinner. I want each of them to know the particulars of how they arrived because each one was a special event. 

Will was our foreign missions baby. I was planning to go to Africa for three months and had everything all ready to go. Nine days before my departure, the International Mission Board contacted me to say that the rules had changed in Africa and my paperwork was no longer in order. There wouldn’t be sufficient time to correct it before I was to leave. So they cancelled my trip. I sat on the back deck and just cried out to the Lord in sorrow. Three days later I realized I was pregnant with Will. 

(Fourteen years later I took that boy on a mission trip to Africa. It was a time he and I will never forget.)

Will’s arrival into this world was fairly uneventful. He was no small child at 8 pounds 11 ounces. Although he was born on the 13th day of the month, it was a Monday and not a Friday like his mother’s birth. 

All four grandparents were there when Will was born. They were so excited. Daddy took one look at Will’s full head of hair and decided he looked like a Precious Moments doll. So he went out and bought one for him. Bill’s mom and dad suddenly had to drive to Bowling Green once a week which we loved because they always came with a package of diapers and other goodies. 

Now this sweet baby is 31 years old and has a family of his own. He is more precious to me now than ever before. I am so glad God gave him to us. He makes the world a better place. 





No comments:

Post a Comment