Friday, April 6, 2018

I Have A Place In His Home

Friday, April 6, 2018

Here’s another cool promise for you from our Lord. Whenever we breathe our last breath, He will take us to His glorious home. 
My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  John‬ ‭14:2-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Here is my very loose paraphrase of what Jesus said in this passage. 

“I’m going to prepare a place for you in heaven. 
“We have plenty of room for you. 
“When the timing is absolutely perfect, I will come and get you so that we can be together there. 
“You can be sure that this is true because I have said it.”

Bill tells a sweet story about my Mother back when she was being admitted to Hospice care. The intake nurse was obtaining all sorts of information from her and she was pussy-footing around having to discuss the inevitable death looming on the horizon. Mother touched her arm warmly and said, “It’s okay. I’m a believer and I’m not afraid to talk about dying.” The Hospice nurse, pleased to know that said, “I know you’re looking forward to those streets of gold!” To which Mother replied, “Honestly, I couldn’t give two hoots about any streets of gold. I just want to see my Jesus!”

There are various accounts in the Bible of descriptions of what heaven looks like. Honestly, I don’t think words will be sufficient to do it justice. The jewels, the fine metals, the artwork, the landscaping, the architecture — it will be beyond anything we can possibly imagine. 

But our sights will be set on the Lord. We will praise Him forever there in an environment of eternal peace. It will be beyond words. 

Thank you, Lord, for the home you have planned for us. We know it will be perfect because you will be there and Satan will not. We look forward to it with a tremendous sense of anticipation. Thank you for your promise. 
 

Windsor Castle



No comments:

Post a Comment