Saturday, January 21, 2017

Ephesians 6:19-20 – Be Prepared for 2017

January 21, 2017
Be Prepared for 2017: 
Pray for Me

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20

Who do you think “me” or “I” is in this passage?  I think it is pretty clear that it is the writer of the letter – presumably the Apostle Paul.  From our perspective today do we need to pray for him? No. Of course not. He has already gone on to heaven and doesn’t need our prayers anymore.
So does that mean that this passage is useless? I don’t think so. Whom could the “me” or “I” be today?
Missionaries
* Pastors
* Bible Study teachers
* Believers in general

I think we should pray for each other – fervently.

I don’t know about you but my desire is that whenever I speak, I might carefully use the words of the Holy Spirit so as to sprinkle Living Water on all those who are around me. I want to be uninhibited in my quest to share the Gospel. I want to be His instrument to reach those in my path.
If that is truly our desire – then all of Ephesians 6 rests on this last verse. As children, parents, employees, employers, Spiritual warriors, and evangelists, our goals should be to stand fearlessly in this corrupt world and to declare His gospel to everyone. It won’t always be easy – but that’s why we need to pray for each other.
Lord, show us how to stand firm and to be fearless with you at our side. Help us to be bold in this crazy, mixed up world. We want to bring you all the praise and glory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment