Friday, January 20, 2017

Ephesians 6:18 – Be Prepared for 2017

January 20, 2017
Be Prepared for 2017:
Pray

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18

What do you talk to the Lord about?
What do you talk to your best friend about?
Perhaps these topics should be the same?
Or perhaps you should talk more to God and less to your buddy. Just a thought. 

I seriously talk to God about everything. I'm pretty sure he never gets tired of it. Once when I was a toddler I was talking mother's ear off. In exasperation she said, "would you please just stop talking?" Soon after that I laid down for my nap and promptly fell into some strange coma-like thing where I didn't wake up for like 2 days! They never did figure out what caused that, but mother was never so glad to hear my voice as she was that day when I sat up and said, "I'm hungry."  (And ever since then I have really enjoyed sleeping!)

My point is this. God yearns to hear our voices. We are his little toddlers and He loves us dearly. 

So what are we to pray for?
   -for all kinds of requests. 
   -for all the Lord's people. 

And now that we are about to have a new president of the United States, it is our obligation to pray for him. We don't have to agree with him. But in all sincerity, we must pray for him. 
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”  ‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭NIV‬‬
There you have it. While all suited up in your spiritual armor, keep your mind active by praying all the time about everything and everybody. 

And God will bless your mind and heart as only He can. 

Lord, thank you that we can come directly to You with our thoughts, prayers, and praises. How awesome that is! You are the creator of the universe! And You long to hear our voices! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment