Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Weeds or not?

Friday, May 4, 2018


I created this little patio a few years ago using stepping stones from our previous home. A friend of mine suggested using sedum to fill in between the stones with various shades of green. Little by little the plants have spread out to take up more and more space. It’s not a very level surface but I like it. 

I have to work to keep the weeds out. Can you tell which plants are weeds and which ones aren’t?

I think I counted seven different varieties of sedum in the patio area. 

I’ll tell you how I know which plants are weeds. They are the ones I didn’t plant. I have no idea what they are and I really don’t care. I just know I don’t want them there. And since I know what the real stuff is, I know what to pull out. 

The Christian life is like this sometimes. God plants beautiful things in our lives. Inevitably, though, other things creep in where they are not supposed to be. And they need to be removed. How do we know what to pull out of our landscape? 

No comments:

Post a Comment