Monday, May 14, 2018

I am blessed!

Monday, May 14, 2018

Yesterday was such a wonderful day. As the day progressed, I was able to reflect on just how blessed I am. 

(1) I had wonderful grandmothers. I have special memories of them. And they brought up very special children. 

(2) I had a wonderful mother. Many of my readers are privileged to have known her and can attest to what an amazing woman she was. She was careful to teach us about the Lord and to model for us how to live out our faith. 

(3) I am blessed to have three very special children. They get along well with each other and they have become fine young adults. I am so very proud of them. And they warm my heart. 

(4) I count it a great privilege to call Emily and Dakota my grandchildren. They are so very special. And this time next year we will have a little eight-month-old little fellow to help us celebrate. 

It dawned on me last week that I am now the matriarch of this little family. I hope I live to see many more graduations, weddings, and births. But more importantly I look forward to celebrating as my grand babies give their lives to Christ. 

Lord, bless all of the people who struggled with Mother’s Day. Give them peace. I am humbled, Lord, by how much you have blessed me as a mother and because of my mother. Thank you. 


Peruvian lilies from my boys

Instant Pot from Lizzie and Bill
Other gifts not pictured: bagonia, chocolates, Michael’s gift card, a family trip to the movies (“Breaking In”).  Pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment