Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Vacation in Missouri

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I have lived in Kentucky for 49 years and I had no idea what our western border with Missouri looked like. I just always assumed the Mississippi River separated us from them. Well, it does but....

There is a little parcel of land on the other side of the Mississippi that belongs to Kentucky but is separated from us by a chunk of Missouri. And interestingly enough, you can’t get there from here. None of the maps I looked at indicated that a road went from the eastern portion of Fulton County to the western portion. In order to get there from Kentucky you have to drive north, cross the river into Missouri, then drive south into Kentucky again. 

Or, you could drive south then west in Tennessee then north back into Kentucky.  

Or, as the crow flies, you could go due west from Fulton County, cross the Mississippi River, through Missouri, then into Fulton County again. 

That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of! I mean seriously! Crazy!



So for those Kentuckians who live west of Paducah, if you can get across the Mississippi, I found a few places that might be interesting to visit. Of course, I’d love to hear from any locals around there to give me their experience in Missouri. 






Have fun exploring. And let me know what you find. 




No comments:

Post a Comment