Wednesday, May 30, 2018

God blesses us by bearing our burdens

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Praise be to the Lord, 
to God our Savior, 
who daily bears our burdens.
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭68:19‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I’ve been challenged this week to concentrate on the special blessings from God in my life. Monday I thought all day about my family and how God blesses me through them. Tuesday I was keenly aware of how blessed I am to work with such a wonderful group of people. Today I’m going to focus on how God carrries my burdens. And what a blessing that is!

Scripture says to “cast your cares on Him, for He cares for you.” (I Peter 5:7) He wants to shoulder our problems, concerns, and anxieties. That is something to really be excited about. And we should take Him at His word. He doesn’t say for us to lay them at His feet, although it’s good to do that, too. He says to hurl them away from us and onto him. Casting takes energy. It is intentional. It is liberating. 

And the peace that follows is deep and sweet because it comes from God, Himself. 

So if you’re looking for something to thank God for, look no further. Give Him your burdens and praise Him for continually bearing your burdens. He is worthy of our praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment