Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Cross is My Statue of Liberty

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.
Thankful though I am that I live in the freedom of the United States of America, I am even more thankful that I live under the shadow of the cross of Jesus Christ. 

He takes in the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses seeking freedom from sin and death. He gives spiritual life to all who seek Him. He restores the souls of the redeemed. 

Lord, thank you for your torch of love and hope. Thank you for lighting the way for us to find refuge in your Land. 



The Statue of Liberty
1974 Music and lyrics by Neil Enloe 

In New York Harbor stands a lady,
With a torch raised to the sky;
And all who see her know she stands
for Liberty for you and me.

I'm so proud to be called an American,
To be named with the brave and the free;
I will honor our flag and our trust in God,
And the Statue of Liberty. 

On lonely Golgotha stood a cross,
With my Lord raised to the sky;
And all who kneel there live forever
As all the saved can testify.

I'm so glad to be called a Christian,
To be named with the ransomed and whole;
As the statue liberates the citizen,
So the cross liberates the soul.

Oh the cross is my Statue of Liberty,
It was there that my soul was set free;
Unashamed I'll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my Statue of Liberty!


No comments:

Post a Comment