Thursday, May 31, 2018

God blesses us when we least expect it

Thursday, May 31, 2018

I had a nice surprise yesterday at work. I prepared to go into a patient's room expecting to do my normal pre-op routine. But I really hadn't paid any attention to the name of the person who awaited me on the other side of the door. I remember opening the door with a smile on my face because of something cute I had just seen in the hallway. Then I realized that peaking out from under a blanket, wearing surgical garb and the ever-flattering blue bouffont cap was a dear old friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in a very long time. My smile widened and even progressed to a few tears of joy. We were able to share a few minutes together before the steady stream of medical professionals began. How sweet to be reunited.

And how sweet that God sent me at just the right time to minister to my friend. Yes, I was able to do my normal pharmaceutical assessment. But more than that, I was able to give reassurance and encouragement that all was going to go well. And it did. The surgery was a piece of cake -- for us anyway. And now my friend is on the mend.

Isn't it just like God to orchestrate a "chance" encounter like that? My friend had been praying about the upcoming surgery -- not really knowing how God would respond. Isaiah 45:2 says, "I will go before you and make the crooked places straight." That's what God did.

Lord, I am so honored to have been a part of your master plan for my friend. Thank you for using me to provide comfort and peace and to bring joy to an otherwise sorrowful heart. Thank you for blessing us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment