Thursday, May 3, 2018

I am a C....

Thursday, May 3, 2018

I am a C . . . .
I am a C H . . .
I am a C H R I S T I A N . . . .
And I have C H R I S T 
in my H E A R T
and I will L I V E 
E T E R N A L L Y !

Do you remember that little jingle from Bible school? If you do then you probably now have it stuck in your head for the rest of the day? Sorry about that!

I'm not exactly sure why I started singing it the other day. Perhaps it's because my Sunday School class has been spending a little time each week talking about how to become a Christian. We've written out our own salvation experiences so that we can see them in black and white. It has been a good exercise.

When was the last time you did that? Here is how I instructed my class. This should not be any more than one page long. It should cover the circumstances around when you gave your life to Christ. Tell how you recognized your need for the Savior and how you committed your life to Him. It should be short and to the point. 

Sometimes people follow a simple formula: ABC. Admit that you're a sinner, Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to take away your sin, and Commit your life to Him. That pretty much sums it up. 

Not only would I challenge you to write out your conversion experience as my class did, but also to think about how Christ has changed you since that time. How have you been different since Christ has been in your H E A R T ?  And how have you been prepared to live  E T E R N A L L Y  with Him?

Lord, some of us were mere children when we decided to give our lives to you. And for some of us it was just yesterday. Help us to ponder how you have affected our lives and how different our eternity is because of you. And, Lord, for those of my readers who have never made the commitment to follow you, touch them in a special way today. Bring someone into their lives to show them the Way so that they, too, may spend eternity with you.

“I Am a C” video  

No comments:

Post a Comment