Monday, June 4, 2018

Shipwrecked: Rescued from Loneliness

Monday, June 4, 2018

When You’re Lonely, 
Jesus Rescues!
So do not fear, 
for I am with you;
Do not be dismayed, 
for I am your God.
I will strengthen you 
and help you;
I will uphold you 
with my righteous hand. 
Isaiah 41:10
This is the first day of Vacation Bible School at First Baptist, Richmond. We will be shipwrecked all week! 

Have you ever lost anything?
  • cell phone
  • credit card
  • a small child
I can say, “yes,” to all of the above — and two of them just last week! 

So what do you do when you misplace something? Do you throw up your hands and resign yourself to having lost it forever? Or do you search high and low and rack your brain for where you might have put it? Do you ask other people to help you? Do you pray about it? 

Well, I guess it depends on how valuable your lost item is. Tonight’s Bible stories are about the lost coin, sheep, and son. All were important. It was paramount that all be found. 

Pray for our Bible School leaders as they teach and nurture these precious children. Pray for those who are lost, that they might accept the rescuing love of Jesus and be shipwrecked no more. 






No comments:

Post a Comment