Sunday, June 3, 2018

June 3, 2018 - Memory Verse

Focus this week on the
CHRISTIAN LIFE

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen,
but on what is unseen,
since what is seen is temporary,
but what is unseen is eternal.
II Corinthians 4:18 NIV

...al no poner nuestra vista en las cosas que se ven, sino en las que no se ven. Porque las cosas que se ven son temporales, pero las que no se ven son eternas.
2 Corintios 4:18 NBLH

Apparently God needed for me to get my memory verses mixed up this week. I published what I had scheduled to be June 3rd's verse on May 27th for some unknown reason. I have to believe that somewhere among my readers is someone who needed Psalm 37:4-5 last week or II Corinthians 4:18 this week. God uses His word to meet the needs of His people all the time. And it is humbling to think that He might use my blog as His instrument of blessing.

As I contemplate "today's" memory verse, I am reminded of what is scheduled to happen at First Baptist Church in Richmond. We have officially paid off the loan we took out to build our new facility several years ago. And today we will have an official "note burning." I think today's verse reminds us that our building is temporary -- fleeting. But what goes on there is of utmost eternal importance.

Lord, help us to keep your perspective on things as we go through this life. Help us to emphasize the right things and to put unimportant things behind us.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uKXHsA-GRZY/WitjSa4wMII/AAAAAAAABow/nc0Jv5eYSuQFp0qp8t_7qUpiPEQnJULAwCHMYCw/s5000/%255BUNSET%255D
maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment