Thursday, June 28, 2018

He Is A Man of His Word

Thursday, June 28, 2018
If you do whatever I command you and walk in obedience to me and do what is right in my eyes by obeying my decrees and commands, as David my servant did, I will be with you. I will build you a dynasty as enduring as the one I built for David and will give Israel to you.
‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭11:38‬ ‭NIV‬‬
God made lots of promises in the Bible and this is an interesting one. Do you know who he is talking to? Jeroboam. Do you know who the king is at this time? Solomon. 

King Solomon thought Jeraboam did good work so he put him in charge of some building projects. Later, God sent a prophet to Jeraboam to deliver these words to him (I Kings 11:38). Then two things happened. 

(1) Jeraboam became king of ten tribes of Israel as God has promised (and Solomon’s son ruled over the other two). 

(2) Jeraboam did not follow the Lord as he was directed, so God took him off the throne as He has promised. 

My point is that we can always trust God to do what He says He’ll do — whether it be delivering blessings or discipline. He loves us more than anything and wants us to be happy and healthy. We can depend on Him to be true to His word. No matter what. 

Lord, help us to walk in obedience to you and to do what is right in your eyes, that we may bring glory to your name

followmeretreat.org


No comments:

Post a Comment