Friday, June 29, 2018

He promised

Friday, June 29, 2018
“I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭9:13-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Aren’t rainbows fascinating? When the conditions are right at the edge of a storm, I look with anticipation for the rainbow. And I’m always excited when I see it. 

How cool it is to know that God uses the rainbow to illustrate His promise to never destroy the earth with water again. 
The LORD will fight for you; 
you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14
Sometimes we get so caught up with all the overwhelming things in our lives that we forget who is fighting for us. He doesn’t need our help in the battle, though. He needs for us to get out of the way and to be still. That’s a great promise. 
If any of you lacks wisdom, 
you should ask God, 
who gives generously 
to all without finding fault, 
and it will be given to you.
‭‭James‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬
I find this a little curious — “IF any of you lacks wisdom. . . . “ Really? Like that would be the whole world! Look at the promise. If we ask God for wisdom, He promises that He will give it to us. All we have to do is to recognize our limitations and just ask Him. 

This week I’ve talked about how trustworthy the Lord is. He alone can be trusted. He promises. He delivers. 


followmeretreat.org


No comments:

Post a Comment