Saturday, March 17, 2018

Simple Doesn't Mean Easy

by Gracie Hager
First Baptist Church, Richmond, KY

I do not understand what I do. 
For what I want to do I do not do, 
but what I hate I do.
Romans 7:15 NIV

SIMPLE=easy to understand, deal with, use
EASY=achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties

SIMPLE  EASY

So many times I think, "It's simple, so why don't I just _____________!?" You can fill-in-the-blank with just about anything:
  • Losing weight is simple, just move more and eat less....not so easy!
  • Drawing closer to God is simple, just read His Word and Pray....not so easy with all that competes for our attention and affections!
  • Saving money is simple, just spend less than you make...not so easy since there's so much we think we want and so many advertisements to tell us what we need!
I could go on, but to what end? 
"Simply" said, sometimes the "easiest" things are the hardest! 

My prayer is this, may we (I) learn to tap more and more into the same power that rose Jesus from the dead. May we (I) discover that just because something's hard does not mean it's impossible.

Dear Lord, I thank You for making that power available to me, may I live like I believe it!

Magnolia Blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment