Monday, March 19, 2018

The LORD

Monday, March 19, 2018
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I’ve been thinking about God lately. What do I know about Him? How do I know what I know about Him? 

Well first of all, I know about God through several sources: the Bible, my earthly father, and my own experience with God. 

The Bible states very plainly that God is everlasting. He has no beginning and will have no end. He is the Creator of the universe, making it all out of nothing. He is all-knowlng, all-powerful, and is everywhere at once. And as the children’s song goes, “he’s big enough to rule the universe and small enough to live in my heart.”

My daddy was a wonderful man. He gave his life to Christ as a young father and sought to live his life in a way that would be pleasing to God. He was very good-natured, level-headed, and loved his girls more than anything. God used daddy to show me what He is like: loving, kind, encouraging, benevolent, stern, fun-loving. 

Much of what I know about God I have gleaned on my own through my personal relationship with Him. I gave my life to Christ at the age of 9 and this began my deep connection with Him. My child-like faith was so simple and free from grown-up hangups that we just had a special bond. And still do. 

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God made me, He loves me, and allowed  Jesus to die on the cross to take away my sins. And when I die He will take me to heaven to live with Him forever. 

So what do I know about God? He is my friend. My Rock. My God. And I will be His forever. 

Thank you, Father, for being in my life. For teaching me. For directing me. For protecting me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment